This salon for 2022 will close on 28 Jan 2023
The salon brochure for the salon will be published on this page by the end of July 2022.
How does this competition work?
This salon (4th PSSA National Youth Salon) is open to all youth members of the Photographic Society of South Africa (PSSA) worldwide, as well as all photographers younger than 19 years old residing in South Africa.
Entrants need to be younger than 19 years old at the closing date. The Salon will be conducted within the requirements and practices as prescribed by PSSA. There is no entry fee for this salon.
The salon will close 28 January 2023.
The detailed salon brochure will be available by the end of July 2022.
• PSSA Bronze medal for the overall winner in each category.
• Certificates of Merit will be awarded according to PSSA guidelines.
• No acceptance cards will be issued.
• Category A: Nature (Colour or Monochrome)
• Category B: Open (Colour)
• Category C: Open (Monochrome)
• Category D: Visual Art (Colour or Monochrome)
• Category E: Photojournalism (including sport, street and travel photography) colour and mono
Presented images will be adjudicated via “Live Judging”.
All the images will be projected on a screen that has been calibrated using the official PSSA test calibration application to ensure uniformity in the presentation of all the images.
Each photo will be judged by 3 judges, which are present at the time of the screening. The total of the 3 scores will represent the final score. Where 2 or more adjudicators are of the opinion that an image does not conform to the definition of the entered category, the image will be disqualified.
Entrants will be advised of results by email. Results are also published under the Results tab on this web site.
Should you wish to contact me, I can be reached here on e-mail or on cell phone (084 442 4442)
Anton la Grange
FPSSA (Mono) APSSA(vers), DPSSA(vers), AFIAP
PSSA Director: Youth Division