How does this competition work?
The purpose of this salon is, in addition to the awards, to give PSSA the opportunity to select images that can be used in the annual Four Nations Competition and/or the FIAP Biennial Competition, as well as any other opportunity that may arise to showcase members’ work.
• PSSA Silver medal for the winner in each category
• PSSA Bronze medal for the runner-up in each category
• Certificates of Merit will be awarded according to PSSA guidelines
• No acceptance certificates will be issued
• Category 1: OPEN – COLOUR (Manipulation permitted)
• Category 2: OPEN – MONOCHROME (Manipulation permitted)
• Category 3: NATURE- COLOUR (NO Manipulation permitted)
• Category 4: NATURE – MONOCHROME (NO Manipulation permitted)
• Category 5: OUR COUNTRY – COLOUR (Manipulation permitted)
Judging will be done live at five locations. Each location will judge one category entirely. The judges will receive the PSSA test calibration application and instructions to ensure uniformity in the presentation of images. Each image will be judged by 3 judges and scored out of a total of 15 points per judge. The sum of the 3 scores will represent the final score out of a total of 45. Where there is indecision as regards disqualification the judges will take a decision after discussion. The judges will select the awards.
Results & Catalogue
Entrants will be advised of results by email. The Acceptance card is the individual email advice to each entrant of their own judging results. A catalogue with the statistics, details of all the acceptances and awards and selected images, will be available to each entrant for download or could be ordered on disk from the Salon Director. Results are also published under the Results tab on this web site.